Saturday 4 February 2017

Strawberry Preserve



Due to so much of time constraints and other commitments (read as Mommy commitment),  I am not finding time for my blog at all. I have to manage my time better and start posting frequently. I miss me and blog.

I bought a box of strawberries to make milk shake mainly as my daughter is so much fond of strawberry milkshake.  Suddenly she had fever so we had to drop the milk shake plan. To save those strawberries which don’t stay much long even in fridge in Chennai climate, I thought of preserving it. 

Fairly simple recipe.

Basic preserves are just the fruit and sugar, for a good punch I added ginger. I would say that is the highlight of this recipe.  Without ginger I wouldn’t much love this sugary jam. So I strongly advise to add ginger in this.

Ingredients:
  • Strawberries roughly chopped – 1 cup
  • Sugar – ½ cup.. or even lil less
  • Ginger – grated – 1.5 tsp
  • Lemon juice – 1 tsp

Method:
Roughly chop the strawberries. Grate the ginger.




In a nonstick pan,  add the chopped strawberries, sugar, ginger and lemon juice and cook in medium flame.

Stir continuously. Initially the mixture becomes watery and starts combining together.




Simmer it and keep stirring for about 10 – 12  mins. The mixture now becomes glossy.



Switch off the stove. Once cooled, store in a clean dry jar.

It should stay well for 10 days if refrigerated. May be more days too. But ours finish too fast, so I am not able to measure shelf life.

Tadaa.. our preserve is ready. Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...