Friday 30 October 2015

Jaggery coated Sweet potato


I grew up in a joint family. My mom was working. There were many oldies (patti, china thatha, china patti, athai patti) at home to take care of the kids.

Can u spot me?



After we come back from school, daily we will have some variety of snacks waiting at home.
We throw the bags in the corner, freshen up and rush to eat.
Mostly there will be any of these items… murukku, pazham puzhungiyadhu, Jevvarisi upma, kozhakkatai, undili kozhakattai, and this sweet potato too.
When I saw some sweet potato posts from my blogger friends.. I got reminded about this dish and I made this for my daughter… She dint like it though. But I enjoyed it very much.
Here is the recipe.
Ingredients:
  • Sweet potatoes – 2 medium sized
  • Jaggery – 3 to 4 tbsp  (U can increase if you want a sweeter version)
  • Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
  • Ghee – 1 tsp
  • Chopped Coconut pieces / Grated coconut as required
Method:
Wash the sweet potato, cut into 2 and pressure cook it for a whistle in the cooker. Alternatively you can steam in idli pan too.




Once cooled, peel the skin and cut into small rings.




Grate jaggery


Heat a thick kadai add jaggery; add water till it covers the jaggery, nearly 4 tbsp I used.


Once it starts boiling, add the sweet potatoes.




Add a tsp of ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.




Cook until the jaggery is nicely coated on the sweet potatoes.



Switch off the stove.
Garnish with grated or chopped coconut . Adding coconut is optional.  You can skip that too.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...