Saturday 7 November 2015

Dry Fruits Halwa - Guest post




This is guest post by my sweet cousin Chitra. I never refer her as cousin, she is my sister, and my best friend forever. She is closest of all my relatives to me.




She lives in Dubai and an excellent cook. She is a great perfectionist. Last year she sent me the picture of her dry fruits and nuts halwa, I fell in love with it immediately, it was so rich and definitely healthy. This year I asked her to do a guest post for me. 

I can't thank you enough Sowmya (Chitra's daughter)... for the beautiful clicks :)

Hope you all will enjoy it too like me.

This dish is very versatile, you can add any dry fruits of your preference and availability.

Addition of sugar and milk maid is optional too.

In this recipe we grind all the ingredients, you can also finely chop then and make too, but that is time consuming and the yield will also be very less. But by grinding the final quantity will be more.

You can make them as ladoos and finally roll them in desiccated coconut too. U can show all your creativity in this recipe.

Ingredients:
  • Badam  - 1 cup ( soak in hot water then peel off the skin
  • Pista     - 1 cup
  • Cashew - 1 cup
  • Dates    - 1 cup
  • Fig         - 1 cup
  • Wall nuts- 1/2 cup
  • Prunes  - 1/2 cup
  • Raisins  - 1/2 cup
  • Kass kass - 1 tsp
  • Cardamom powder  - 1 tsp
  • Kesar  - few strands (Optional)
  • Ghee  - 2 tbsp
  • Sugar – 1/2 cup or 60 gms of condensed milk (optional)
  • Milk   - 1 cup


Method:


Soak badam separately in hot water & peel the skin.

Soak rest of all the dry fruits & kass kass in warm milk. Add milk just to cover it. Excess milk will lead to excess cooking time.

Let it at least soak for one hour so it will be easy for grinding.

Once every thing is soaked grind it all together as a fine paste..

Heat the Wok & put the grinded paste into it & keep stirring in medium flame.




Keep stirring till the raw smell goes & then add 1 spoon ghee to it & again stir it well now u can add sugar or condensed milk to it with the saffron strands.


Taste it & see if u want more sugar add some more to it cook for few more min. Add the remaining ghee & cardamom power & switch off the stove.




Now your dry fruits Halwa is ready. You can make it into any shape as u want ..




It’s a very healthy sweet & those who are health conscious can also eat it as we are using very less sugar & ghee. Though it seems to be time taking I am sure all age group will enjoy this sweet :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...