Shrikhand is nothing but the sweetened yogurt, here I have added saffron for little flavoring.
This is perfect for summer and kids will love this creamy sweet treats.
· Hung Curd - 1 cup
· Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp or less
· Sugar / Honey / Or both- 2 tbsp
· Saffron - few strands
· Milk - 1 tsp (for dissolving saffron)
· Pistachios – few chopped for Garnishing
· Put the saffron strands in the warm milk for 10 mins for it to get the flavour.
· Transfer the hung curd into a bowl, Add sugar/Honey, cardamom powder, saffron strands with milk and churn it for 1 minute with a hand blender.
· Transfer it to serving bowl
· Slice the badams and pista and Garnish it.
· Refregirate and serve.
· Shrikandh tastes good, if the curd is not sour
· Adjust the sugar according to the sourness of the curd.
· Different flavour Shrikandh can be done, Mango, Strawberry etc. Instead of saffron, add the fruit pulp.
· Do not discard the whey water; it can be used for diluting butter milk or in gravies. Its protein and calcium rich.